Saturday, May 28, 2011

HTTP Post Service

GVMax has been a bit moody the last few weeks and the problem is probably related to GTalk notifications.

Since a lot of the new users use GVMax to perform an HTTP Post (mainly WM7 users) I decided to split that functionality out into a separate service .

To use it you will need to :
1- Forward your GV emails to
2-Log into the service at and type in the HTTP Post URL you want to use.

I will probably provide an API for WM7 Phone developers so that they can do step 2 for there users automatically.

As for step 1, you create the gmail filter in the same way you would do in GVMax (if doing it manually (, but forward it to instead.

This app runs wholly app engine it should be VERY reliable, since it does very little.

And by the way it is open source ( )


  1. Thanks Hani. this is great. I will test it out and then update my users to use it.

  2. Project moved to

  3. Can't get this working on app engine for the life of me. I have poured over the code as well.